Thursday, June 14, 2007

Good bye, Iflex

Iflex had been my dream company. Well even at this juncture where I am saying good bye officially to Iflex, I love to say this as my dream company.

I still remember the day upon which I attended my Interview. The Interview for first round was full of technical questions upon Oracle skill set. The interview was taken by Nabarun. I was sure after the interview that I was impressive. I carried good hopes and was asked to attend the second round of interview immediately. It was with Sriram. He was very much ambitious about the product, which I know very few. The discussion was short and I was informed that I would be joining the team and would be required to attend a one month training in Bangalore as soon as I joined. There ended the interview course.

After some days, I was there in board of Iflex. I was the much ambitious about about achieving my short term career goal. I was very much in my dreams at that point.  

A week later joining Iflex, I accompanied by another colleague Akila went for Bangalore. The accomodation and other things were fine at Bangalore. Also I dont remember much trainings going on there. It was more or less useless.

Then came some eye opener sessions, with which my dreams were disturbed BADLY. Each time upon such situations my confidence went down. I have never ever thought of or rather dreamt of such henious situations in my career.

I had been coming from place where I was admiringly blind of my superiors personality and capabilities. It was almost bloodiest things started to happen.

"Daybreak" has really started to break the teams day as well as nights. There was never a full mind working on the project. It was just a forced work. I never had my mind to continue in Iflex just after returning to Chennai.

The trouble went more and more at Chennai. But I made myself cool down a little bit to settle down first. It was a terrible mistake which later on I felt badly.

I do not want to repeat or illustrate what has happened. But I had lot of trouble in making myself deep rooted in the product. With regard to the product, it is just USA ready. The functionalities, much of them are relevant to American market. Much labour has to be involved with regard to be it "WORLD" ready. But it is worth making it more reachable. Though it has not sprang much outside like USS, it is slowly expanding. Much was the vision of Iflex acquiring the product. It was indeed a thoughtful and fruitfull effort. But rather than making the product far reachable it was locked in very slow evolution.

I earned lot of friends after coming here (Iflex). Each one of them has helped me in one or other way. Every one of them being a genius in their own skills. And we all had something in common; friendship. Even in dark phases we had laid each ones shoulder to cool down. It was like a brotherly affair rather than mere friendship, I would say.

Thanks to all of you who had made me stay this long; I too think I had been working here much more long than I actually worked.

A special note on HR. I never expected such a full-hearted support from them. Beleive me; they are happening. They are not mere finger-pointers. But they really understand the problem in hand and deal with it amicably. They deserve full five stars in their office. A special thanks to you Thomas and Gayathri.

When I had written down this much, it has raised emotional thoughts again. I will miss Iflex. It has been a emotional and personal affair with Iflex and the bond is breaking.

I miss you all my friends.

[This is my diary post from 2007 June, posted in 2009]

No comments: