Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dream A Dream - A NGO in Bangalore

Dream A Dream is a NGO (Non Government Organization) which is onto the field of enabling underprivileged children to lead a successful life. On last Sunday that is on 7th December 2008, I went for a induction session basically to understand what is dream-a-dream and its workings and how I will be able to join and volunteer with them. I was been invited by Anju Lavina of dream-a-dream for attending this session through email.

I came to know about this organization through my colleague and friend Nitin Guru. I should have joined as a volunteer with dream-a-dream at least one month before, when we both had got an appointment for the induction session. But due to my other engagements I could not visit. But this time when I got the email, the moment I have decided not to miss this next opportunity. I had already blocked my calendars for the same.

At this point of time, when I do not know much about this NGO, I strongly recommend my readers to visit their website http://www.dreamadream.org/

I was there on time (10:30 to 11:30 am) on Sunday 7th December at Audugodi where the NGO is located. It was a cake walk for me to find the location, in two ways. First one I knew the place, second one the instructions on the email which Anju has sent. This is their address:

Dream A Dream
No. 73, 1st Floor, Lashker, Hosur Road, Adugodi, Bangalore 560 030
Tel: +91-80-2224 7745 / 6534 9980


Instructions to reach

If I forgot to tell you where in earth this place is located, you can find it out from the above mentioned address, which is in Bangalore, India. For those who would love to contribute to this NGO as a volunteer and spend their time wisely on weekends, please follow these instructions (but make a call to dream-a-dream before that). If you are familiar about Bangalore then you might be very well knowing Forum Mall, in Hosur Main Road. From Forum Mall through Hosur Main road go straight and pass Audugodi Signal and straight. If you are coming by any vehicle you are sure to miss the landmark which I am going to tell. Slow your vehicle and in your left-hand side search for "Church of South India". Just after that you will notice a green-painted building and in that you can see the small nameplate of Dream-a-dream. It is in the first floor (above ground floor). 

If you just happen to see this page, and could not join this NGO, please donate some money for the sake of children. You can donate online through the following link. It is quite safe this way. 


If you are in Bangalore I plead to visit this organization (if not join) and understand what they do, or if you are not in Bangalore and would like to know about the organization please call up and talk to Anju or any Dream A Dream staff or volunteer. If you are not in either of these please, please try to donate what you can in the above mentioned link.

There are more than 700 volunteers working for dream-a-dream as of today and imbibing their good work to the underprivileged society.

No comments: