Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Today at football ground

Today morning itself I was feeling better and refreshing for the game. I certainly did not wanted to miss the opportunity to play. After a long time I could feel my body and mind saying the same thing.

This helped me in positioning myself well in the game. Though initially I played as a forward, I suited the goal keeper role very well. I was lucky once and foiled couple of attacks from the opposition before some magical moments. First time I was lucky when no one of our team was in sight defending when an attack by Aswith and Chetan came. I went forward but Aswith cleverly took the ball and shot at the goal. But unfortunately for him, the ball hit the post and went out.

In another couple of attacks by Aswith the ball get off from him and I could clear it quickly. Later no when Srivatsa in our team felt tired, I opted to forward. That move benefitted us when a pass from Rohonesh to Dinju was directed to me. There was ample time as there were no defenders very near me and Irfan who was the opposition goal keeper was little outside from the bars. I slowly drived the ball away through the post! Voila it was the first goal of the match.

In another 5 minutes when I was free in the right wing Dinju wrongly passed the ball to Sunil and he made it to the goal. The scores were level by this time.

After that scorings we went little defensive as the opposition was started to attack. Our defender Giri who saved us wonderfully from various attacks was feeling panted and went out. Unfortunately this was the time we choose to attack. We lost the ball from the opposition penalty area and their four players came with the ball. With no one to defend but just me I was almost sure that it would be netted by them. But that thought came only for a split second. I decided to stay still untill the last man hits to the goal. That tactic paid well for me as Irfan erred in passing the ball to his team mate on time. I smelt the opportunity to clear the ball off and it worked. We are saved from a defeat. The game ended there at both sides 1-1.

No comments: