Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Wedding wishes - A Poem

I wrote this poem to wish one of my friends whom I met at South Africa. He is a colleague, from the same company where I work for, i-flex.

He was married on April the 29th. I was unfortunate enough to visit to his marriage. I really wanted to be there at the occassion. Neverthless I wrote a poem after long time, nearly after 5 to 6 years. I wrote this poem within 5 minutes.

At first I started googling the internet for any best wishes. Then the lightning thought of "Why not write your own?" struck me. The following is the result of the lightning:


I join in your pleasure of two souls uniting,
I wish you a joyful ride of remaining life,
I pray for your happiness, and to stay sadness away,
I wish you wellness and kindness to prevail in your life.

Let the god shower all kind of happiness,
Let the god know that you two souls are one,
Let the god keep your married life for ages,
Let the god keep your life as a template to others.

By this poem I really mean that marriage is a long journey, not ending. It does not even end at a stage where God takes back our lives from our bodies. It is more of a spiritual or mental nature than of a bodily affair.

What I intend to say exactly from this poem is that just happiness alone is not the mere composition of life. It is sadness also that does. But the sadness should be "prayed at" and not to be "sad at".

And finally I wish the couple to be ideal for other persons to follow. This institution is a leading stress-releiver, gigantic responsible-giver, mamoth pain-releiver of both body and mind. Only by feeling is the way to understand the happiness and otherwise.

Wishing all couples a happy married life.

No comments: