Sunday, August 31, 2008

Am I doing my duty?

I am a normal Indian citizen. Normal in the sense what all citizens think, do, behave. With the latest happenings of floodings in Indian state of Bihar, I am forced to rethink what I am supposed to do, viz what I am doing. What is the maximum I will do? This was what triggered the thought. The maximum I will do is to send some money, and think that my duties are over. Is this what my social responsibilities are? I dont think so. I should volunteer for help, for the required. I should be in the field to help the needy.

But am I doing this? No. Not till now, not even in my mind. What could be the problem, I think it is the way which I was been brought up in this populous country. I am struggling to change this behavior. I will also change this behavior of people around me and those who know me. I will have to find a means to change myself and others.

No comments: